Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blergh

It has been just over 48 hours since surgery and I am currently thankful for pain medication, anti-nausea meds, and a comfortable bed to sleep in.

The whole surgery day was very surreal and I only remember bits and pieces of it...everything else my husband informed me of afterwards.

I checked in for surgery 0600 this past Monday.  I had to repeat my name, birth date, and the phrase "vaginal septum removal" about 1,000 times.  They put the IV in (always the worst part) and rolled me into surgery by 0730 and the vaginal septum that had unknowingly been a part of my body for the past 27 years was successfully removed. Can't say I will miss it.

The few hours after surgery in the recovery room are the biggest blur.  I remember asking for my husband. When I got that request, I apparently asked to go home a dozen times to anyone who talked to me.  The pain meds worked wonders and I was home by lunchtime and tucked into the bed I had been yearning for.

And now I am two days into the recovery period and it is a bit more painful than I had mentally prepared for. It hurts to sit straight because it puts a lot of pressure on that particular area, however, that is a good excuse to lie around all day and no one can tell you otherwise.

4-6 weeks the stitches will be gone and my body may seem a little less foreign, perhaps?  What is next on this mysterious UD road I never planned to travel on?  The adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment