Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Overachiever

A few posts back I mentioned that I have often been referred to as an "overachiever"...my Dad even mentioned that particular attribute when I was diagnosed with UD.  Apparently, that theme continues in my life.

I had been feeling a lot of pain after surgery.  I was concerned, because out of all the information I had read about septum removals (not that there is a lot of info out there!), everyone had said the pain was minimal and the recovery period was swift.  I, however, was feeling worse and worse each day, despite all of the heavy pain medication I was taking.  I finally went to visit my doctor a week after surgery and a few hours later found out that not only did I have healing stitches in my vagina (although they were healing nicely!), I had a bladder infection that had reached my kidneys.  Since I had never had a UTI, I hadn't realized those were the symptoms I had been experiencing on top of my post-surgery recovery.  I definitely do not recommend anyone else doing those two things at once!

Thankfully, I am finally healing up and made it through a whole day yesterday with no pain medication!  I am now officially 15 days out from surgery, and have just a few more weeks for my post-op appointment...it can't come soon enough!  My poor husband better prepare himself, because I am already feeling antsy...4-6 weeks is a long time for newlyweds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment