Sunday, December 8, 2013

Madame Cranky

This past week has been rough.  I hadn't imagined I would be skipping through a field of daisies with a bouquet anytime soon (not that it would have been a possibility since it is winter), but I didn't think I would be practically bedridden because I am having so much discomfort.  And something they don't mention during all of those pre-op meetings?  How nauseated and constipated you will be because of the pain meds.  So then you don't take the pain meds, and you aren't bloated and can eat, but the pain is out of control.  By 2:00 every day, I usually have a good cry reminiscent of a preschooler who needs a nap, a snack, and just slammed their finger in a door.  My good husband just puts an arm out around this time so I can snuggle in as he continues to play on the Ipad and tries to ignore his crazy, two uterused wife.

Tomorrow will be one week since the septum was removed and I am highly aware that I still have stitches in my vagina.  Who can say they have had THAT life experience?  It is also a good excuse when you don't want to do your dinner dishes or make the bed (not that I have had to use it often---hubs is a good man nurse)..."Sorry, I can't do that.  I currently have stitches in my lady bits."  That shuts people right up.  

I am wondering if I can use this diagnosis to my benefit in the future...gotta look at the silver lining, right? "Can't cook dinner tonight.  I have two uteruses and they are weighing me down."  That could come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment